Fifteen of My Favorite Christmas Decorations
Happy Monday and welcome to this week's topic which is Fifteen of My Favorite Christmas Decorations! I'm not talking about decorations in general. I'm talking about fifteen specific items in my own home that make me happy. So let's get started!
- Book Crates...I got this idea from my aunt who always had the coolest containers to hold their childrens' Christmas books. We use one for the bigger books and another for the books that are from a full matching set.
- My Porch Toboggan is just one of those finds that I love because it is just old and has character. Check out the blog post from two weeks ago where I talk about incorporating sleds in my Christmas decor.
- My Little Red Typewriter and...
- Wooden/Faux Books...My youngest son was with me several years ago when he came across that typewriter in TJMaxx and fell in love with it. I, of course, fell in love with the fact that he fell in love with it at such a young age. And, it didn't hurt that I love it as well! It's just a unique piece and I love that about it! And the wooden books are our newest addition to the shop! We have sold out of all of our reversible Christmas/Everyday wooden (faux) books BUT beginning in January, we will be adding the option to customize these to our online shop!
- My Husband's Old Sleigh on our Dining Table... I talked about this a couple of weeks ago in my other blog post as well!
- Our Handmade Burlap Stockings...Once upon a time, I was good with the sewing machine. I was ambitions to make these stockings with a liner and all! Ahh... I miss those days. At this current point in time, I can't even get to my machine and I may have forgotten how to use it! I kid not!
- The Preserved Boxwood Wreats on our Kitchen Cabinets...I just love the look of boxwood wreats over cabinet doors. These can be pricey so I opted to just put one on each of the two glass doors beside our kitchen sink and window.
- Our Wooden Sign "Valance" Over the Kitchen Sink... A while back, I also wrote about my favorite items to use in our home with character. This sign is not reversible but we do switch it out for the Christmas season. North Pole is shown here but after the holidays it will go back to the sign that says "Gather."
- The Lights and Greenery Over our Headboard...The greens are not a full garland this year, which is what I normally do. This year, I had a bunch of greenery "stems" not being used so I kind of just stuck them down behind the headboard and added the lights. I love it! And I think Lucky does as well!
- Our Main Tree! We have to put our large tree up in the corner of the kitchen since we do not have a space in our living area. But we can see it from most of the first floor so it works!
- Our New Red Front Door...I thought I would paint the door back at some point - back to yellow, that is. But it took so many layers of red to paint this door that it may end up being permanent!
- The Wreath on Our Front Door...I love grapevine wreaths. I made this one a few years ago adding a wooden "joy" that I found from the Target Dollar Spot. It's a bit thick for the space between our storm door and main door but gosh darn it...I am making it work!
- The Merry and Bright Blocks from our Seasonal Kits...These were probably our most popular kit of the entire year! They are reversible so that, after the holidays, we can flip them around so that they say "Frosty the Snowman."
- The Ladder with Buckets in Our Entry...I normally have yellow buckets here but the great thing about the hanging option inside the ladder rungs is that I can switch out the greens into any color bucket my little heart desires!
- Our Bedroom Tree makes me super calm and happy when I get into bed at night. It also helps me to wake up slowly in the morning. All I have to do is hit the remote that sits on my nightstand and I can flip on the tree, the lights on the headboard and the lights on our fake fireplace surround!